This was our breakfast Sunday morning. Aren’t they cute? They were very, very good. It’s the whole egg and the toast combo all together in one nice package.
These are so easy to make and wouldn’t they be splendid on a brunch buffet table? The best part, you can easily make two, ten, a hundred, whatever your needs are at the moment.
I think there are a lot of variations you could do nicely with this recipe, such as, swap out the Parmesan cheese with grated Gruyere or crumbled blue cheese to give a different taste. Use feta and substitute oregano for the other herbs for a Greek flavor.
I used sourdough but I think this would also be nice with onion or brioche rolls as long as they are sturdy.
Any way you put these together, they will be great.
- Crusty dinner rolls, as many as you choose
- Eggs, large, one for each roll
- Mixed herbs, chopped, such as parsley, chives & tarragon, about 1 teaspoon for each roll
- Heavy cream, 1 teaspoon for each roll
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated, as much as you want to sprinkle on each roll
- Slice off top of each dinner roll and gently remove some bread until there is a hole large enough to accommodate an egg. Arrange rolls on a baking sheet. Reserve tops. Crack an egg into each roll. Top each egg with some herbs and a bit of cream. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
You can find complete recipes of this Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls in noblepig.com