Here’s one of my favorite desserts to make for the summer time…banana cream poke cake! It is so easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser.
- 1/3 of a box of Vanilla wafers
- 2 boxes of instant banana cream pudding (3.4 oz)
- Cool whip (8oz)
- Yellow cake mix
- Prepare the yellow cake mix and bake in a 9×13 cake pan. Once it cools for 5 minutes, use the end of a whisk or wooden spoon to poke holes in straight lines in the cake.
- Make the 2 boxes of pudding (using 4 cups of milk) making sure the lumps are gone. After 1-2 minutes, pour the pudding all over the top of the cake. Use a spatula and smooth it out so that the pudding falls into the holes. Spread evenly.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator to completely cool for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Spread cool whip over the whole cake.
- Crush up the nilla wafers in a baggie (we used a rolling pin) and pour over the cake when you are about to serve. If you do it prior, they won’t be as crunchy.
- Top with fresh sliced banana pieces and serve!
You can find complete recipes of this Banana Cream Poke Cake Recipe in craftyrecipes.com