Chocolate and cherries combine to make one deliciously thick and creamy Black Forest Smoothie. It’s vegan, refined sugar-free, loaded with antioxidants, and makes a perfect breakfast or snack!
I’m pretty sure I would lose the ability to function if my blender ever decided to randomly stop working on me… which is why I keep a spare on hand at all times ?
I’m kidding, obviously (well, about the functioning bit, anyways), but I do rely on that thing a whole heck of a lot. And by “a whole heck of a lot,” I mean that my blender already has over 200 uses on it, and I’ve only had it for about 4 months. That’s some serious love right there. Either that or a serious obsession. It’s amazing how easily that line can become blurred.
Oh, and before you go calling me crazy for keeping track of my blends (times I’ve used my blender… not my blogging friends), I’ll have you know that it’s the blender that does the counting. It also whispers sweet nothings into my ear says nice things to me, which I realize isn’t the best thing to say as I try to convince you of my sanity, but it’s true!
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 – 2 (15 – 30 g) Medjool dates, depending on desired sweetness
- 1/4 cup (20 g) rolled oats*
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop (30 g) of your favourite protein powder (optional)
- 1 -2 handfuls of baby spinach (optional)
- Place all ingredients into any standard blender and blend until smooth. This smoothie can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for extra thickness and creaminess. The longer it sits, the thicker it gets!
You can find complete recipes of this Black Forest Smoothie in runningwithspoons.com