Thinking about Christmas recipes ? Then you should think about tasty pound cake with cranberries and white chocolate and a beautiful white glaze. You simply have to try this heavenly Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake ! XOXOXOXO
I don’t know if you knew about this, but to bloggers, the holidays begin a few weeks before the holidays really come. Of course, those of you who follow your blog and want to find inspiration in your favorite pages need at least a few days to solve any dilemmas they could have. That means that your Thanksgiving begins as soon as Halloween ends, and that you are already thinking about your Christmas recipe as you are cutting your Thanskgiving turkey ?
And for that reason, I decided that the search for my first Christmas recipe begins already two days after Thanksgiving. I have not had my rest after countless answers about my Pumpkin Lasagna which made a real „headline“ for the last few days, and I already have an Idea for the coming winter holidays – Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake.
Yes, after my search on Pinterest, I found a really good starting point – a beautiful Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake from the site Bobbies Baking blog. The look is just what I imagined, and with a few little modifications, it will be a great recipe to open the season of winter holidays.
For the Cake:
- 187 grams cake flour-sifted (it’s about 1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tablespoons flour but you better measure it on kitchen scale because the cake could be dense or dry if you overdo it with the flour )
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1cup cranberries (fresh or thawed)
- 5 oz. white chocolate chunk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter ( room temperature)
- 300 grams sugar ( 11/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons browned butter
- 1/4 cup butter(softened)
- 4 oz.cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (or more to make it thick enough to spread on top of the cake)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- handful dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the convection air oven to 325 F (if you don’t have convection air oven raise the temperature to 350 F and you will have to rotate the pan half way through the baking time)
- Butter and flour 8.5×4.5×3 inches loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine cake flour, baking powder and salt and sift it three times, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat brown 2.5 tablespoon butter until it’s nice amber color, remove the foam and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the egg with vanilla extract and set aside.
- Mix the butter on medium speed until it’s creamy, slowly add sugar and continue beating until it’s creamy.
- Add heavy cream and mascarpone, and beat on medium speed.
- Turn mixer on low speed and gradually add dry ingredients alternately with eggs.
- Add handful flour in chocolate chunks and toss them to cover evenly. Toss cranberries with a handful flour to cover them completely.
- Add chocolate chunks in the batter and stir well, then gently stir in cranberries
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan, smooth the top and gently tap the pan on working surface to remove the air bubbles.
- With a butter knife draw a line down the center of the pound cake and pour browned butter into the line.
You can find complete recipes of this CHRISTMAS CRANBERRY POUND CAKE in omgchocolatedesserts.com