The easiest healthiest vegan Oreos with a 3 ingredient crunchy chocolate cookie and lots of filling options. You won’t believe how simple and tasty they are!
Did you ever watch the Magic School Bus? My fellow nerdy 90s kids where are ya? Do you remember the haunted house episode about sound? Well before I lose most of you, the moral of the story is less is more. You have to take things away. You have to start with simple and only add what is absolutely necessary. That is the approach I took with these cookies. The result: easy peasy perfect gluten-free Vegan Oreos made with only 5 ingredients!
My first concern when I got this recipe request was crispy cookie?….how to make a crispy crumbly oil-free cookie? We can’t have soft chewy vegan oreos, then they’d just be whoopee pies pretending.
Based on these oatmeal cookies, I knew maple syrup had to be involved. And of course cacao powder is an integral ingredient too because chocolate. So from there, using my Magic School Bus knowledge, I added as few other ingredients as possible. And all they ended up needing was brown rice flour. Yep, just 3 ingredients and you have crunchy chocolate cookies–the ‘bread’ to our sweet sandwich.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps brown rice flour
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk chilled overnight
- 2 tbsps powdered sugar ( store-bought or homemade in the blender )
Lower fat filling options
- Powdered peanut butter
- OR powdered peanut butter + cacao powder
- OR 1 banana, sliced
- Cookie: Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all the ingredients. Mix to form a thick cookie dough.
- Roll into 16 balls. Arrange on a pan (or two pans) lined with parchment paper. Cover with a piece of wax paper and flatten with the bottom of a cup or jar to about 1/2 inch thickness
You can find complete recipes of this Easy Vegan Oreos in feastingonfruit.com