This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray. Thank you for your support!
‘Tis the season for miracles!
Nothing says holiday cheer quite like cinnamon rolls. The aroma of cinnamon dances in the air and after one taste of a homemade cinnamon roll… that’s it.
You’ll never eat store bought or light a cinnamon candle (shudder) again.
I got hooked on making cinnamon rolls around the holidays a few years ago, and it’s a tradition that is just too delicious to end. The art of cinnamon roll alchemy is typically VERY labor and time intensive, but ain’t nobody got time for that! Sometimes I like to pretend to have a life!
But never fear! Princess food blogger is here! I just conjured up my fairy dust and witnessed a holiday miracle. 30 MINUTE CINNAMON ROLLS? FOR 70 CALORIES EACH? AND THEY TASTE LIKE HAPPINESS?
Whew! Crisis averted. Luckily this solution works for everyone.
Speaking of averted crisis(es?), I have some very good news to share with all of you! As you may know, I love using oil spray when I make pretty much everything to save a lot of calories. For my cinnamon roll babies, I use spray on the pan and on the actual cinnamon rolls to give them that wonderful golden hue.
However, I know a lot of you are concerned about what’s actually in these mystery sprays, and now with my mother’s condition, I’m not going to take any chances. Enter Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray.
I cannot tell you how happy I am to have found this stuff! With its lovely delicate flavor and ridiculously high heat tolerance, I’ve been a lover of grapeseed oil for just about ever. Pompeian’s spray is legitimately 100% natural and chemical-free (woohoo!), and they even import all of their grapeseed oil from France.
Score! Let’s celebrate with some cinnamon rolls. It’s dough time.
- 2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons applesauce, butter, or Earth Balance
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons cane sugar or erythritol, divided
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or Earth Balance
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Grease an 8-inch pie pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut the applesauce, butter, or Earth Balance into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Don’t have a pastry cutter? No worries. I don’t have one either. Just use a fork to cut in to butter and everything will still be a-okay. Chill for ten minutes.
- Combine 3 tablespoons cane sugar or erythritol and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
You can find complete recipes of this HEALTHY 30 MINUTE CINNAMON ROLLS in foodiefiasco.com