This flavorful Healthy Mushroom Soup is full of vegetables with a light, earthy, full-flavored mushroom broth without all the fat.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSHROOM?
Let’s talk Healthy Mushroom Soup. Whoa. You guys… seriously… Mushroom Soup meets light and healthy. This broth-based soup has such an incredible depth of flavor. You will love it!
It has an earthy mix of mushrooms, flavored with onions, leeks, carrots, celery and garlic simmered in a thyme seasoned, light chicken broth. The mix of vegetables adds incredible flavor and depth to the broth, but the two pounds of mushrooms are definitely the star. Good idea for Mushroom Soup, yes?
Thickly cut, the mushrooms are meaty. They’re sauteed in butter and simmered until soft, where they impart their unique, earthy flavor. A great vegetable and healthy soup.
You will love how prominent the mushroom flavor is!
I don’t know about you, but as I kid, I grew up loving the typical thick, rich and creamy Mushroom Soup. But, with this recipe, I didn’t miss the heavy cream at all!
What’s so great about this Healthy Mushroom Soup is, it actually allows you to taste the wonderful mushrooms! Do you love mushroom soup, too?
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced leeks, halved and sliced
- ¾ cup sliced celery
- 3 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped (approx. 1 and ½ tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pounds mushrooms, rinsed and thickly sliced*
- 6 cups chicken stock (or approx. 3 (14.5 ounce) cans)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, leeks, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until tender, but not browned, approximately 10 minutes. Add thyme, mushrooms, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Heat until a soft boil, then turn down to low heat, cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this HEALTHY MUSHROOM SOUP in inspirationkitchen.com