This dish is also kinda called “basic bitches macaroni skillet” but I didn’t think keeping the first part in the name would help an organic search!
This is a family style dish you can serve up in one big ‘ol skillet! Make sure you leave a comment on our video with a vote for this masterpiece! If you fancy something a little more refined you can get John’s penne arrabiata recipe here.
- 3 C uncooked brown rice macaroni noodles
- 1 pkg gardein gluten-free beefless ground
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup pasta water (reserved from cooking pasta)
- double batch of our vegan nacho cheese sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 vine tomato, diced
- ground pepper to taste
- While your noodles are cooking in a pot of boiling salted water heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add sunflower oil and onions. Sauté for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Then add chili powder, cumin, and paprika and sauté for another minute. Then add the beefless ground to the pan and continue to stir frequently until it starts to brown and cook through. A couple minutes If the pan starts to get dry and the beefless ground is sticking at all just take a ladle full of the pasta water and add it into the pan. It helps kind of get things juicy with the spices as well.
You can find complete recipes of this Macaroni Skillet in hotforfoodblog.com