No Bake Peanut Butter Bars take only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes (plus chilling time). My Grandma calls them “Almost Reese’s” for good reason!
Here is a delightfully simple candy recipe with that eternally delicious combination: Chocolate and Peanut Butter. With 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes, you can be on your way to a batch of homemade “Almost Reese’s”!
My grandma coined the term “Almost Reese’s” for obvious reasons (she also gave us this chocolate cream pie; thanks Grandma!). These luscious bars are perfect for the holiday parties, for gift-giving, or for a Friday night at home.
Just try to stop eating them.
The recipe calls for milk chocolate chips and those would most closely align with a traditional Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. However, I have always preferred dark chocolate so I made my chocolate-covered peanut butter bars with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Delicious!
I have an informal poll going that men prefer milk chocolate and women prefer dark chocolate. Am I right? Please leave your chocolate preference in the comments below.
By the way, these bars have to chill for at least a few hours, preferably overnight. Make your next party less stressful by preparing these the day before! Or, freeze for up to 2 months in advance and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil (see notes).
- In a large microwave-safe dish, melt 5 Tablespoons butter. Stir in brown sugar, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. Mix well and press into prepared pan.
- Wipe out microwave-safe dish and heat chocolate chips and remaining 5 tablespoons butter for 1 minute. Stir carefully and continue to microwave in 30-second increments until smooth, stirring after each increment. Pour over peanut butter crust and spread evenly.
You can find complete recipes of this NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS in culinaryhill.com