These Oreo Lava cakes start with a warm chocolate cake filled with a Oreo cookies and cream lava pudding center. This easy cake doesn’t require any mixers and is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth during this cold winter season.
It may appear that all I’ve been sharing on this blog lately are molten lava cakes. It’s true. It’s been a huge obsession lately. With the colder weather, my mind is consumed with warm desserts. I promise I’ll be sharing some other kinds of recipes after this one.
The idea is inspired by my mom’s recent visit to Chili’s. She went with my brother and they ordered an oreo lava cake for dessert, which she declared was the best dessert ever. I’ve never had Chili’s oreo lava cake, but I wanted to make my own version.
When I think lava cakes, I usually think of smaller portions and easy to make. I didn’t want to make this overly complicated and I didn’t want a recipe that would make dozens of cakes. So this simplified version makes just 4 cakes. Three for you and one for someone else.
for the cake:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 3/4 cup fat-free or low fat milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
for the filling:
- 1/4 cup instant Oreo pudding mix
- 1/2 cup cold low fat milk
- In a small bowl, combine pudding mix and cold milk. Beat with a whisk until completely smooth and no lumps remain. Let mixture stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes. It should thicken into a pudding.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare four (4 oz) ramekins by spraying with PAM with flour. If you don’t have an oil spray with flour, you can also grease inside of ramekins, sprinkle generously with flour, then tap ramekins (while they are turned upside down) to get rid of excess flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chopped chocolate and milk. Microwave for about 1 minute (be sure to cover bowl with a microwave-safe paper towel). Stir with a whisk until chocolate is mostly melted. Microwave again for an additional 1 minute and stir until melted chocolate is completely uniform. You can also melt chocolate with milk on the stove, over a pot of simmering water.
You can find complete recipes of this OREO LAVA CAKES in kirbiecravings.com