Egg salad and potato salad: Unite! We like how the still-soft yolks dress the salad, but you can cook the eggs a minute or two longer if you like them more set.
- 8 SERVINGS
- 2½ pounds new or baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Steam potatoes, covered, in a metal steamer basket set in a large pot over boiling water until tender, 20–30 minutes, depending on size. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water until whites are set and yolks are still slightly soft, 7 minutes. Drain; transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill until cold. Drain and peel; set eggs aside.
- Toast mustard seeds in a dry small skillet over medium-low heat, tossing constantly, until seeds start to pop, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl (be ready with bowl; once seeds get going, it’s chaos).
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, and honey in a large bowl. Whisking constantly, gradually add oil; whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Set 3 Tbsp. vinaigrette aside for drizzling.
You can find complete recipes of this Potato Salad With 7-Minute Eggs And Mustard Vinaigrette in bonappetit.com