Looking for an easy, but different brownie to make this week? These Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars are just the treat for you. Three times the Reese’s peanut butter goodness in every bite.
**Make sure you sign up for the BruCrew email, so you see these recipes in your inbox each morning.**
So, my husband and I have finally reached the cool factor in our oldest son’s eyes.
You know that stage that teenagers go through where their parents are lame and so not cool. Yeah, I think we finally got out of that stage. Woo hoo! Lucky for us our younger two still think we are cool…we are hoping they skip the “we think our parents are uncool” stage.
My husband has an old Saab convertible that is his baby. Our oldest thought it was the ugliest thing. That is until some of his friends started saying how cool his dad’s car was. And that they thought his dad was a cool dad too. All of a sudden he doesn’t mind being seen at the movies with dad and mom when his friends are around. Score 1 point for the parents.
Then the other day, he came home from school and told me that they were talking about food in Spanish class, so he shared about my blog. His teacher couldn’t believe that he got to try all the food that is on here. Then later that day, someone from another class said, “I didn’t know you had a famous baker for a mom.” (really, I’m not famous…but I’ll let his friends think that for sure)
Apparently his teacher shared about the blog in another Spanish class that day. Point 2 for the parents.
The funny thing is that quite a few of his friends have had different treats like this White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Fudge without knowing they were from the blog. I think it is so sweet that my son is sharing about it now. He does love me and is proud of what I do. Best feeling ever!!!!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
For the Chocolate Frosting
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup mini Reese’s Pieces
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the peanut butter chips and stir until melted and creamy. Stir in the sugars. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla until frothy. Stir a little bit of the hot peanut butter mixture in at a time, until all is mixed in. Add the flour and salt and beat until a soft dough forms.
You can find complete recipes of this Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars in insidebrucrewlife.com