A hearty slow cooker recipe for all you buffalo chicken fanatics.
Here’s a recipe for you to add to you dinner or supper menu this week. The mix of heat from the Sriracha with coolness from the homemade ranch creates one insanely delicious combination. It gets better because this slow cooker buffalo chicken recipe uses simple and clean ingredients and it’s quick to prepare. You’ll need about 10 minutes of prep time to make the homemade buffalo sauce, throw the ingredients in a slow cooker and to whip up the homemade ranch. When you come back in 4-6 hours all you’ll have left to do is bake (or grill) the sweet taters and shred the chicken. Pretty easy, huh? No need to complicate things here. We’ve got places to go and things to see.
If you love buffalo chicken wings like my husband, this recipe is for you!
I consider this a ‘man-friendly’ recipe. While this isn’t a chicken wing recipe per se, it most definitely will satisfy that ongoing craving for ‘wing sauce’. And even if you’re not a buffalo chicken wing fan (like me), I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised in how much you like this recipe too. It’s gotta be the addition of the sweet potatoes and ranch! Speaking of sweet potatoes. If you’d rather serve the slow cooker buffalo chicken in a lettuce wrap, in our favorite tortillas, on gluten-free bread or maybe a baked potato – by all means, go for it! Whatever floats your boat my friend (yes, I did just say that).
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ⅓ cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2 Tbsp. ghee (may sub coconut oil)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne (optional – adds more heat)
- 4 small baked sweet potatoes (about 7 oz. each uncooked)
- Homemade ranch dressing (optional)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker set on low.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the hot sauce, ghee, coconut aminos, garlic powder and optional cayenne. Stir together and heat until ghee is melted.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-6 hour on low or until chicken is tender.
You can find complete recipes of this SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN STUFFED SWEET POTATO in therealfoodrds.com