So a lot of people have been asking me to post a healthy version of a cheesecake. Well, here it is! I present to you my completely raw vegan raspberry cheesecake bars complete with a scrumptious cinnamon pecan crust. These bars can be eaten frozen for a more “ice cream” type of texture, or thawed for a softer texture.
The trick to these vegan raspberry cheesecake bars to achieve that cheesy texture is soaked cashews! I’ve been seeing so many recipes using soaked cashews and finally I decided to give it a try, and I do not regret it! It’s best to prepare your cashews soaked overnight, but if you forgot, don’t worry! You can do a “quicky” soak by placing your cashews in boiling water for 1-2 hours.
I recommend you use a powerful Food Processor or blender for this recipe to achieve that super soft creamy texture!
- ½ cup pecans
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 cup medjool dates
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 large can full-fat coconut cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend the pecans, oats, dates, and salt until it forms a dough. You should be able to press the dough together with your fingertips. If it is too dry, add a small spoon of water.
- Press the dough down into your pan, until it coats the entire bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Place the cashews in a food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Place your coconut cream in a mixer, and blend until it forms a fluffy whip cream texture. Make sure to just scrape the cream off the top of the can, and not the remaining liquid on the bottom. It should be a thick texture.
You can find complete recipes of this VEGAN RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS in choosingchia.com